Hi, I’m Jorge A. Cortés. Software engineer with experience on R&D of electronic products, in embedded software and systems. I’m centered on helping OEMs design and develop their cutting-edge electronic products. My passion is learning and discovering new technologies and their applications.
cortesja.com is my homepage. I write about technology, software, embedded systems, side projects, and other interests.
- cortesja.com – My homepage, you’re here.
- @cortesja – My Twitter account where I share tweets about tech, software, crypto and discoveries.
- Oravatec – Project for spreading knowledge about electronic product development and embedded software (in Spanish).
- jorgeacortes.com – Personal blog in Spanish talking about technology, engineering, software and other topics.
- NFTs Collectors – Webapp for finding information about owners of premium NFTs collections by extracting data from the Ethereum blockchain. Featured at ens.domains ecosystem.
- Ethereum Smart Contracts
- FastFoodPunks ERC-721: Contract for migrating from Opensea Shared Storefront contract ERC-1155 to a custom ERC-721 one. Opensea – Migration webpage – Proof
- FastFoodPunks Gen2 ERC-721: NFT contract with presale with reserved spots based on token ownership and public minting. Opensea – Mint webpage – Proof
- Mirror Gateway – A Web3.0 experiment for rendering mirror.xyz articles extracting data from the Arweave blockchain and hosted over IPFS.
- Ethereum Alarms – A webapp that using an Ethereum provider, listen for new Ethereum blocks and allows the user to set an alarm when one specific block is mined.
- Open source software – My contributions in Github.
- Takeminutes – Webapp for taking collaborative meeting minutes.
- Simplechart – A web tool for creating quickly really simple charts.
I currently work at Technica Engineering in Barcelona developing software for state-of-the-art automotive network testing products and proof of concepts of new automotive technologies with OEMs.
Before that I have (from newer to older):
- Lead the software architecture for a Volkswagen Group Tier1 ADAS ECU.
- Designed and developed manufacturing embedded software and help define manufacturing test stations for Volkswagen Group Tier1 ADAS ECUs.
- Designed, developed and deployed a global IOT hardware and software platform for an industrial crane brakes OEM.
- Helped tens of companies to design and develop their electronic products from concept to manufacturing using multiple technologies for industrial and consumer markets.
- Cofounded an electronics R&D agency for industrial and consumer markets.
You can follow me on Twitter. I have open DMs.