Hi, I’m Jorge A. Cortés. Industrial engineer focused in R&D of electronic products, specialized in embedded software and firmware. I’m centered in helping OEMs design and develop their cutting-edge electronic products. My passion is learning and discovering new technologies and its applications.
cortesja.com is my homepage. I write about technology, embedded systems, software, better thinking, side projects and other interests.
- cortesja.com – My homepage, you’re here.
- Oravatec – Project for spreading knowledge about electronic product development and embedded software (in Spanish).
- jorgeacortes.com – Personal blog in Spanish talking about technology, engineering, software and other topics.
Projects that I do in my free time. They’re very different from what I do at my job.
- NFTs Collectors – Webapp for finding information about owners of premium NFTs collections by extracting data from the blockchain. Featured at ens.domains ecosystem.
- Mirror Gateway – A Web3.0 experiment for rendering mirror.xyz articles extracting data from the blockchain and hosted over IPFS.
- Takeminutes – Webapp for taking collaborative meeting minutes. Development stopped for now.
- Open source software – My contributions in Github.
- Simplechart – A web tool for creating quickly really simple charts.
I currently work at Technica Engineering in Barcelona developing embedded software for state of the art automotive network testing products and proof of concepts for automotive technologies.
Before that I have (from older to newer):
- Cofounded an electronics R&D agency for industrial and consumer markets.
- Helped tens of companies to design and develop their electronic products from concept to manufacturing using multiple technologies for industrial and consumer markets.
- Designed, developed and deployed a global IOT hardware and software platform for an industrial crane brakes OEM.
- Designed and developed manufacturing embedded software and help define manufacturing test stations for Volkswagen Group Tier1 ADAS ECUs.
- Being software architect for a Volkswagen Group Tier1 ADAS ECU.
You can follow me on Twitter. I have open DMs.